Celebrating the best in UK manufacturing and engineering excellence and innovation
Manufacturing and Engineering Week (M&E Week) covers the entire product lifecycle from design, engineering, manufacturing and maintenance and seeks to celebrate the sector sharing successes and future insight, raising critical discussion and is a destination for professionals to source products and services in order to keep them competitive.
The week features some digital sessions plus 4 Live co-located events on the 8-9 June 2022 at the NEC in Birmingham – Design Engineering Expo, Engineering Expo, Manufacturing Expo and Maintec. Together the events showcase end-to-end manufacturing and engineering solutions, to encourage conversation, business and knowledge sharing across a range of sectors including Aerospace, Automotive, Food and beverage, Motorsport, Energy & renewables, Pharmaceuticals, Space and FMCG.
CPD accredited educational content
Delivering tangible value for time away from the desk, M&E Week will provide a programme of CPD accredited workshop sessions and keynote conferences. Packed with invaluable content, the main stages will host an unrivalled line up inspiring leaders and innovators to debate current issues and offer practical how-to sessions to challenge thinking and improve process and efficiencies.
- Overview of UK Manufacturing by MAKE UK
• How to access co-investment funding for SMEs who want to grow into new overseas markets by Department for International Trade
• New business models to support low carbon manufacturing by Digital Catapult
• Digital manufacturing by Siemens
• Designing for the circular economy by the Institution of Design Engineers
• Rethinking the skies for zero emission air services by Hybrid Air Vehicles
• Advanced materials, lightweighting and sustainability by Ford Motor Company
• Inside 4D printing & additive manufacturing by Brunel University London
• What role does digitalisation play in achieving Net Zero by Innovate UK
• How manufacturers can mitigate supply chain disruption in the post-COVID world by Leonardo Helicopters
• The Brompton story: Challenges, pitfalls, wins and the culture that led to success by Brompton Bicycle Ltd
• Can automation and robotics pave the way for the UK? by SKF
• Preventive maintenance for electric motors
Market leading suppliers
M&E Week will showcase Britain’s best products and services propelling the future of the engineering and manufacturing industry. From design services, additive manufacturing, AI, cyber security, asset management, robotics & automation, enterprise resource planning and instrumentation through to testing and measurement and maintenance, leaders like 3m, ABB, Wurth Electronics, Fluke and Farnell and a host of innovative SMEs suppliers will deliver the latest tech to drive the sector forward.
M&E Week has the support of many leading bodies including the Make UK, Institute of Engineering Designers, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, Women’s Engineering Society, Institution of Mechanical Engineers, The Manufacturing Technology Centre and High Value Manufacturing Catapult and guidance of an incredible line up of experts on the Advisory Council. The confidence and backing indicates the importance and timely relevance of the event for the sector.
“There has never been a more important time for our sector to work together, to create a shared agenda and Manufacturing and Engineering Week will do exactly that. I am delighted to be part of the M&E Week Advisory Board and that MAKE UK are a partner for this ground breaking event.” Stephen Phipson CBE, Chief Executive, MAKE UK and Chair of M&E Week Advisory Council
The visitor experience is enhanced by some exciting features including innovation zone which features live demonstrations and cutting-edge technologies that are shaping the future of the industry in this country and The Great Egg Race, a live challenge where engineers will compete to build gadgets to propel eggs the furthest/highest with leaderboard and winners announced onsite.
In addition to this, strategic drop in clinics will be running where visitors can speak to the experts and get advice on tax & other business related issues. There will also be a networking drinks reception, open to all, allowing people to build strategic relationships, unwind and relax at the end of day one.
Whatever your current challenge, this is an incredible opportunity for design engineers, engineers and manufacturers of all sizes to meet face to face with experts and leave armed with ideas and solutions to apply.
To find out more about M&E Week visit www.mandeweek.co.uk.
Visitor passes are free of charge – register now at https://mandeweek.reg.buzz/ace